The Victorian Government has launched the $500 million Business Support Fund to support small businesses in the sectors hit hardest by coronavirus (COVID-19) so they can survive and keep people in work.
Eligible businesses can apply for a one-off $10,000 grant which can be used towards costs such as utilities, rent and salaries, and activities to support business continuity planning.
Businesses are eligible to apply for a grant through the Fund if they meet the following criteria:
The Business Support Fund is for small businesses that employ staff and are subject to closure or are highly impacted by the shutdown restrictions announced by the Victorian Government as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes businesses in the hardest hit sectors including:
- Accommodation and Food Services (e.g. cafes, restaurants, caterers, hotels, motels)
- Arts and Entertainment (e.g. cinemas, performing arts venues, creative spaces, performers, museums)
- Health and Beauty Services (e.g. hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists)
- Sport and recreation (e.g. gyms, swimming pools, indoor climbing, play centres)
- Tourism (e.g. tourist transport, tour operators, tour arrangement)
- Retail, other than supermarket, groceries, liquor and pharmacy businesses
- Other Services (e.g. real estate agents)
Eligibility for this fund will be assessed against the industry classification of the applicant’s Australian Business Number.
Applicants should ensure that the industry classification linked to their Australian Business Number reflects their current business activity and is up-to-date.
Examples of what the grant funding could be used for include:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries, rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
More details about eligibility and guidelines on how to apply are available here.
Frequently Asked Questions relating to the Business Support Fund can be access here.
Details on other state based packages are available here.