In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its significant impact on local businesses, industry sectors and jobs, the South Australian Government have announced a second economic stimulus package – the Jobs Rescue Package, worth $650 million – that will provide immediate financial support and relief to those most affected.
Within the Jobs Rescue Package, there are a range of measures that will provide support for workers, individual businesses and industry sectors, community organisations, sporting clubs, arts, cultural, community and recreational bodies as well as non-government organisations experiencing financial hardship and other impacts caused by restrictions enforced to limit the spread of the disease.
Small businesses and not-for-profit entities that employ South Australians who have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant to support the operation of their business.
To be eligible, businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to:
- Have an ABN and were carrying on the operation of the business in South Australia on 1 March 2020.
- Employ people in South Australia.
- Have annual turnover of more than $75,000 (GST exclusive).
- Have an annual payroll of less than $1.5 million, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government.
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 related restrictions^.
- Apply by 1 June 2020.
- Use the funds to support activities related to the operation of the business.
- The business has received any South Australian Government grants provided to address COVID-19 related business impacts, the value of these payment(s) will be deducted from the $10,000 grant.
- The business is part of a group of companies that is registered for payroll tax and will receive the payroll tax waiver, the business is ineligible for this grant.
Applications for the grant will open shortly and be available until 1 June 2020.
Register your interest for the grant via the link and you will receive an email when the application process opens.
Further information about this grant and the Jobs Rescue Package are available here. Frequently Asked Question's and further information relating to the Government Utility Relief Payments in other states can be found here.
^ Businesses eligible for the Commonwealth payment will be deemed to be highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.