Increasingly, businesses are investing in alternate site based generation solutions to offset grid supplied electricity, improving self-sufficiency and significantly reducing longer term energy costs.

Renewable and onsite generation is the use solar power or an engine to generate both electricity and useful heat simultaneously from a single source of energy such as natural gas. The electrical conversion efficiency from a gas engine is typically around 40%. The rest of the energy is converted to heat, which can be then used for steam and/or chilled water generation. The thermal efficiency of a gas engine is typically around 44% and hence the total efficiency of an onsite generation system can be as high as 84%. 
 
 iStock_000004086335Large
 

Energy Action performs feasibility studies, designs, supplies, installs and commissions a range of renewable and onsite generation technologies.